I used an 8 x 8 fancy edge card blank for my base card. I chose an image from Halcyon Days cd-rom from Crafters Companion which I printed 4 times onto glossy photo paper. I then cut the images to create a decoupage. This was then matted onto dark blue cardstock from Papermill and a silver border peel off added.
I chose a pretty backing paper from the same cd-rom and printed this onto smooth printer paper. I then embossed some blue cardstock, again from Papermill using a kites embossing folder from Crafters Companion and cut out two equal squares. I chose some sand coloured Coredinations card from Crafters Companion and embossed this using a beach huts embossing folder, again from Crafters Companion. I then cut this into a further two equal squares. Some pretty lace was added across the centre of the card.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment using a Lili Of The Valley stamp and heat embossed using fine detail silver embossing powder. This was then fussy cut and added to the card.
I love the images on this cd-rom, they are all so cheery and I feel sure to give anyone feeling under the weather a bit of a boost.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jo x

5 comments:
What a lot of work you have put into this great card Jo. I love the embossed kite squares for the sky. Very effective. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT
Such a clever idea for a background and creating a scene too. Love the items embossing folder.....May have to invest. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Don't forget we have an easy peaty birthday challenge coming up next time. Wynn DT
Fabulous make Jo, love the embossed papers in blue and sand it really makes the beach scene, love work on the decoupage too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT xx
A very pretty card Jo. Just the thing to make someone feel better. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
A super card Jo, a fabulous decoupaged image and great design - it would definitely cheer the recipient up.
Pauline
x
Post a Comment