Followers

Monday, 10 June 2013

A Bird and Some Feathers

Good Afternoon.

I was struggling to get started with a card today, and decided to combine 3 challenges to try and give me some inspiration.


I knew which CD I wanted to use, my new Fabulous Fashion cd's from Katy Sue designs.  I printed off one of the digi stamps onto Neenah card and coloured using my Spectrum Noirs.  Both backing papers were printed from the cd-rom also.  I used a Marianne die to cut the scalloped circle that the image is sat on.  I embossed some lilac card using swiss dots embossing folder.  The flower and leaves are also made using  Marianne dies.  The border punch is Martha Steward and the daisy strip is a Poppystamps die.  The purple feathers are from my stash.

My card is for the following challenges:

Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Sketch plus use a stamp.

The CD Sunday Challenge - Fine plumage

Marianne Designs - Get Your Dies Out

Robyns Fetish Challenge - Use Die Cuts or Punches

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

16 comments:

Wynn said...

I love the layout and the delicate colours. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.

Wynn x

Guest DT

starcyl said...

I just love this cd and haven't played with the digi images yet, you've made a great card with such lovely colouring.
Thanks for taking the time to join us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

very pretty card Jo and great layout , love your colouring too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Jo. I love the image, pretty colours and gorgeous detailing.
sue xx

cotnob said...

This is really pretty Jo, I love Lilac and your die cut and punched details are perfect.
I hope you are OK.
Pauline
x

Beryl said...

Don't know how you could part with those purple feathers Jo. Great card.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Berit Synnøve said...

Gorgeous card. Love your colors and coloring.
Thanks for joining Sunday Sketch & Stamp this week.
Hugs Berit Synnøve

Carol said...

You have had a wonderful time with die cuts and embossing and they all go so well together. The Swiss dots are my favourite.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Get Crafty said...

Lovely stamps and colours! Thank you for sharing with us! Xx

Jocelyn said...

I love all the texture on this- very pretty.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a pretty card Jo, and gorgeous purple feathers as well. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Anne said...

Lovely feminine card and that purple feather is fab
Anne
x

Blankina said...

GReat card!!

Goodluck at our MARIANNE DESIGN DIVA'S -GET YOUR DIES OUT CHALLENGE,
Hope to see you back soon,

HUgs MDD DT Blankina

Christine said...

I love this Jo, your die cuts are beautiful and for me your chosen colour of lilac is perfect. Love the embossing and your image is super.
Thanks for joining us this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Sonia said...

Just wonderful work my dear friend^_^
Beautiful image with gorgeous papers and colors as always^_^
Have a sweet weekend^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Purple Crazy said...

All behind for last weeks entries, this is so lovely, many thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x