Followers

Thursday, 31 January 2013

Time To Celebrate

I was recently asked to make an 18th birthday card using some photos from when the recipient was much younger.  Here is what I came up with:


8 x 8 card blank

Backing papers from a Crafters Companion cd-rom,  I chose this backing paper choosing a colour and the pattern on the curtains.

Core'dinations card was used for all the matting.

I put an eyelet in each corner and threaded bakers twine through them.  

Spellbinders Labels 22 were using to create that mats for the photos.

The stars were all cut using a die'namics die.

The sentiment is from Lili Of The Valley.

I stamped the number 18 using Dimensions stamps onto shrink plastic.  I coloured the numbers using metallic pens before shrinking the plastic.

My card is for the following challenges:

Here Come The Boys - Bingo - I chose twine, die cuts and free (photos)

Allsorts Challenge- Masculine

Make My Monday - One For The Boys

Creative Inspirations Challenge - One For The Boys

Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Something Old (dies) something new (sentiment stamp)


7 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous layout.xxx

Carol said...

You made a fab job Jo, it looks great. Carol x

Sonia said...

What a wonderful layout you have made my lovely friend^_^
Beautiful and sweet^_^
Me to I don't like share babies photos,well done^_^
Have a beautiful weekend my dear^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Unknown said...

This came out super cute :) Love the shapes of the frames.

Anonymous said...

Great idea and what a fab card!
x

Craftdee Donna said...

Love how you used the twine! Fabulous card for the challenge at Here Come The Boys
Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

Cazro said...

A super piece of art work, I love your colour choices, the eyelets and twine frames it beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz