Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

Say It With Flowers

I felt like trying something a bit different and at the same time put some of my very neglected stash to use.  I followed the sketch over at Hanna and Friends Challenge to create my card:


8 x 8 card blank
Core'dinations cardstock, scored diagonally using a scoreboard.
White card embossed using a Darice embossing folder.
Circle cut from Satin silk art card (from Inkylicious).  Image stamped randomly with versamark ink, detail white embossing powder added and heat embossed. I then brayered over the whole circle with a very neglected big and juicy ink.
I took a rectangle of the art card and stamped the image from Sheena Douglass Silhouette Grasses stamp set in versamark ink and heat embossed with black sparkle embossing powder.  I brayered the rectangle with the big and juicy ink.  I applied black sparkle around the edges of the rectangle.  I then stamped the image once more with versamark this time adding detail white embossing powder and heat setting.
I die cut 3 circles from black glitter card and added a bow to each made using ribbon from my stash.
I cut the sentiment tag from black glitter card using a Spellbinders die and then added the sentiment.

My card is for the following challenges:


Stamp n Doodle Challenge - Something neglected (ink pad and stamp)


Moving Along With The Times - Floral Delights



9 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along at Totally papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

cotnob said...

Fabulous card Jo, I love your heat embossed image and brayered backgrounds.
Have a good weekend.
Pauline
x

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card Jo^_^
Beautiful colors combo^_^
Happy weekend^_^
Sonia

Carol said...

Fabulous card Jo, your stamping looks great. Carol x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card.Thanks for sharing with us at CBN.xxx

Anne-Marie said...

What a beautiful Card, you have made the most of the colours used. I think its fantastic.

Thank you for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle. And the best of luck.

Anne-Marie x x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty creation, love the colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kim said...

gorgeous card Jo, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts! Kim x

Ger said...

Fabulous inking and embossing! Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT