Followers

Saturday, 26 January 2013

Music To My Ears

I was asked to make a 40th birthday card for a lady who is a piano teacher and a member of a choir.  Here is what I came up with:


8 x 8 card blank

Music score backing paper and choir boys from Joanna Sheens ATC Assistant cd-roms.  The choir boys are decoupaged.

Central image from Joanna Sheens Dances With Shadows cd-rom, sat on a decorative oval cut using a Marianne die.

I tied a double ribbon on my bowdabra using ribbons from my stash.

I wanted to make this card a bit more special, so created a pop-up piano for inside the card:


Sentiment computed generated.

Martha Stewart punch around the page, French Scroll

My card is for the following challenges:


Challenges4Everybody - Anything Goes

Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Carol said...

This is fabulous Jo, love the pop up piano. Carol x

Miradormakings said...

This is fabulous i am sure your friend will love it, I love the pop up inside it just finishes the card perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Joan x

Sue said...

WOW!! This is wonderful Jo. The images are gorgeous and the pop-up piano design looks amazing
Sue xx

Doreen said...

Love this it is so original.xxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous card Jo, I love the oval die cut and lovely silhouette image on the front and then the great pop up element inside makes it really special.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

Wow, how special is this - you have put so much thought into it! I'm sure the recipient will love it.
xx

SandeeNC said...

LOVE the pop piano on the inside!! Great special effect! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Sonia said...

Fantastic card my dear^_^ Adorable image in the centre and cute the other^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Debbie said...

What a fabulous creation Jo. I love the pop up piano....great idea. Thank you for joining us at CC&CC this time. Good Luck.
Debbie x

marion82 said...

lovely card and the piano inside is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!¦
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
for my free digis!!