Followers

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

A Bear and a Sketch

Good Morning

I've used the fabulous Meadow Cottage Bears cd-rom from Crafters Companion to make this card for my niece's birthday next week.  I followed the current sketch over at Willow Sketchie Challenge.


8 x 8 card blank
Checked backing paper from cd-rom printed onto satin paper.
Yellow backing paper from Making Cards Magazine
Core'dinations card embossed using Cupcakes embossing folder.
Decoupage printed onto Crafters Companion decoupage paper.
Sentiment is a stamp from Lili of the Valley sat on a mat cut using a C'Art-us die.
Number 3 created using Metal Magic (a first for me) and then stamped using a Dimension Fourth number stamp.
Black card used for all the matting.


My card is also for the following challenges:

The CD Sunday Challenge - Bingo - I chose Die-cuts, Sentiment, Stamp

The Crafty Pad Challenge - Show Some Metal

Pile It On Challenge - Add some metal

Make It Monday - Anything Goes



Joanna Sheen Challenge - Try Something New (Metal Magic)

Songbird Challenge - Anything Goes with a Musical Theme (Today's the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic)




36 comments:

cotnob said...

Another fab card Jo, I do love my visits to your blog, especially when you have some decoupage on display.
Pauline
x

sue-b said...

Beautiful card Jo, love the image and it's a great sketch you have followed, love the papers and colours you have used, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Hi Jo, a cute card for your niece, lovely layout and delicate colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the bear.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, I love what you have done with the sketch this week at WIllow Sketchie Challenge.

Kelly x

Beryl said...

Gorgeous teddy image and great design.
Thank you for joining in the Cd Sunday Challenge.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Bonnie Irvine said...

Lucky niece. This card is so sweet. You've chosen a beautiful colour palette. The cupcake embossing is a fabulous touch. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope you'll join us again soon.

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Joanne! I love the teddy bear's picnic.. the decoupage looks fab… and the papers and embossing are perfect!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Rene said...

This is adorable! What a keepsake! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Rene :D

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Jo this is so sweet, what a cute card, I love it. Thanks for playing on MAWTT and Willow Sketchie this week, Love Hxx

Kim said...

gorgeous card Jo and love that cupcake embossing!
Kim x

Mian said...

Adorable card, beautiful color palette.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Craft Your Passion this week.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Craft Your Passion
August Guest Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Laura Bradley said...

Hi Jo! Thanks so much for joining in the first challenge at Songbird Challenges with this fab card! Laura x

cotnob said...

Hi Jo, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie.
Pauline
x

pinky said...

I adore teddy bears Jo and this card is just gorgeous. Love the blue papers and gorgeous cupcake embossing too.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous Ted, I very nearly used this image myself, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Sue x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Jo! Such a sweet image and love the layout
Diane xx

sue w. said...

How cute is this bear. Fabulous card, love all the detail. Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Songbird Challenges.
Hugs Sue W DT.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, another sweet and pretty card today - I'm sure your niece will love it. The image is adorable.
xx

Michelle J M said...

Oh what a sweet little bear Jo! The embossed cupcakes add a lovely touch to a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Michelle x GDT

debbi taylor said...

lovely card
thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week
hugs
Debbi x

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pretty card for your niece.The embossed background is perfect for the adorable image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Carol said...

Another beautiful card Jo. Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Sonia said...

Hi Jo,congrats for your win:)
This card is really gorgeous:)
Have a fabulous weekend:)
Next 10 days I can't leave comments on your blog because I'll be on holidays:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Dawn said...

Such a cute little card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Show Us Some Metal Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Teresa said...

Hi Jo,
Such a beautiful card, thank you for linking up to Joanna Sheen Something New challenge.
Teresa x

starcyl said...

Another lovely card jo, I haven't seen anything made with this cd I don't think so good to see what can be done.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Love the teddy bears picnic. The backing paper matches the table cloth which is a nice touch.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, such a cute teddy decoupage, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

Cazro said...

A very sweet card, really cute bear. I'm sure your niece will adore it. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Karen said...

Your card is fabulous and have added some many great elements to it. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges this week.

debbi taylor said...

I am sure I commented y/day but do not see it... so stopped again!
lovely card
thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week...
hugs
Debbi

xxxtglxxx said...

this is an adorable card Jo! :)

Love the sweet image and fab layout! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

cotnob said...

Are you OK Jo? It's just that you haven't posted for a while and I was just wondering!
Pauline
x

DesignerDiva said...

This is so sweet Jo and very clever!
Thanks for playing at MAWTT this week for our Summer challenge, hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Laurie xx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is lovely Jo :)

Really cute image and a gorgeous card for a little girl! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx