Followers

Thursday, 30 August 2012

Something Completely Different

My card for today is miles out of my comfort zone and now it's finished I'm not sure if I like it or not!


6 x 4 card
Sheena Douglass Silhouette stamps.
Big and Juicy Ink Pad
Main image stamped in black Versafine ink, brayered over and then triple embossed.
Background paper created by adding water to left-over ink on mat and picking up ink with card.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Emma's Cards - Silhouette

Craft a Scene - The Great Outdoors

Squigglefly Challenge - Falling into Fall

Delightful Challenges - Fall days

Natalie and Amy - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi I love your card you have created great shadows and I love the design you have created. Thanks for sharing with us in our first challenge at Natalie and Amy's Challenge.
http://natalieandamy.blogspot.co.uk/
Hugs Pascale

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Jo, I love the silhouette and fab Autumn Colours - it's good to try something different sometimes and I think this was a great success for you.
Pauline
x

crafty amy said...

Well I like it :D I love how you have layerd the stamping in those colours. Thank you for joining us for our first ever challenge at Natalie and Amy's Challenge.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Holly Young said...

I think your card is great! It would make a great guy card especially if he were a hunter. Love the shadow effect of the tree branch! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge! I hope you'll play with us again!

NancyD said...

Very cool background paper you created. I like it! Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

brenda said...

Great work with Sheena's stamps Jo and love the rich autumnal colours.

Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I don't know why you're not sure if you like this, I think it's gorgeous. I love the background as well (I like making backgrounds this way)and the lovely autumnal colours you've used.

Sue x

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love your card - it really speaks to fall and has great colors on images on it -- fabulous. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Squigglefly Challenge.

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Jo,
Can I just say I think it's sensational. I love the imagery here and the scenery you've designed is exceptional. A textural treat to my eyes. It's fantastic. :)

Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent with us at Squigglefly.
Lisa xx

Judith said...

This is so "different " I love the colours and the image is just fabulous - thank you for playing along at delightful challenges this week hugs Judith x