Followers

Saturday, 3 December 2011

Crafty Calendar December Challenge - Cold and Frosty

Good Morning

Don't the months fly by quickly?  It doesn't seem 2 minutes since I was invited to join the design team at Crafty Calendar and here we are on my 3rd month already!

Our theme for this month is cold and frosty and here is my card:


The image I have used is a digi stamp from Pollycrafts Swing and Slides range, I love this range of stamps! I coloured the image using promarkers and coloursoft pencils and added some Glossy Accents to the girls glasses, the snowmans nose, eyes and buttons.  I then added some Pinflair Snow Dust around their feet.

The backing papers are from Crafters Companion Snowman cd-rom.  The embossing uses an embossing plate that came in a bundle when I bought my big shot.  The mats that the image and sentiment are sat on are cut using spellbinders dies.  The crystal snowflakes have been in my stash for ages, they were ridiculously expensive and I find it difficult to bring myself to use them!!!  All the edges were distressed using Faded Jeans Distress Ink and Cut N Dry Foam.

I do hope you can join in with our challenge this month.  Please do pop over to the Challenge blog to see the lovely cards my teamies have made.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Sketch

Paper Sundaes - Winter Wonderland

Craft Your Passion - Tis the Season

Shopping Our Stash - Use a digi

CRAFT Challenge - Christmas Present

Willow Sketchie Challenge - Anything Goes

ABC Challenge - E for Embossing

Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Christmas

Christmas Cards All Year Round - Anything Goes

One Stop Craft Challenge  - Let It Snow

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jo x

19 comments:

cotnob said...

Lovely card Jo, such a cute image. Thank you for joining us for our ANYTHING GOES challenge at Willow Sketchie this week.
Have a good weekend.
Pauline
x

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Jo what a delightful card love the image beautiful
Jacki xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Jo this is super what a great card, I love that image,thanks for sharing with us on Willow Sketchie this week Hazelxox

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a cute image. Love the colours. Marianne x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww such a sweet image. Love the layout and backing papers.
Have a lovely weekend!
Diane xx

Anonymous said...

Aww, fab image Jo and a brilliant take on the PTW sketch. Love it1
xx

Tammy said...

Awww how sweet Jo!! I love that image and her fun glasses!
Hugs, Tammy

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week. Such a cute image - love it!

Clare Lloyd said...

lovely card. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

SVIT said...

Lovely card! Image is so cute and love your snowflakes on the back paper! Thank you for joining us at OSCC Let it snow challenge! Good luck! Hugs, Svit

June Houck said...

Pretty colors and a cute digi. I love the kraft and blue color combo :)

kim edmonds said...

lovely christmas card, i love the image youve used. thanks for entering this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges x

Crystal said...

So cute, love the snowflake DP and the image is super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS this week :)

Deena said...

this image is so much fun...love the way it turned out...thanks for playing with us at Shopping our Stash this week!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jo :-) the image is very cute and the papers and colours are fab :-)

thanks for hoining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jo Price said...

Hi, lovely card Jo. Thanks for joining us at OSCC, Let It Snow Challenge this week.
Jo xxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Jo, love the image and great colours. Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge @ Willow Sketchie this week. Good Luck, Hugs, Claire x

Jan said...

Aw this is so cute Jo xx Jan

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Jo! You have coloured these cuties so beautifully!

Thanks for joining us for the Christmas Fun challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella