Followers

Friday, 30 December 2011

The CD Sunday Challenge - Fifties Fun

Good Afternoon

The current challenge over at the CD Sunday Challenge Blog -is Fifties Fun.  I have made a calendar for a change this week and here it is:


I went straight to my Viva La Divas cd-rom from Joanna Sheen for this challenge.  I always have a good giggle looking through the images on this cd, and you can change the captions or names as I have done here.  The main image is printed onto photo paper and then matted onto holographic card.  The calendar is matted on the same card.  The flower is created using some Prima flowers from my stash, with a pearl in the centre. The leaves are created with a Nellie Snellen punch. Some co-ordinating ribbon was then threaded through some eyelets to complete the calendar.

My calendar is also for the following challenges:

Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Bingo - I chose Ribbon/Flowers/Punches

Crafty Creations Challenge - Thank You Card or Gift (this is a gift for a friend).

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jo x

16 comments:

starcyl said...

Hi jo and thanks for joining us at CD Sunday, we seem to be a thin on the ground this week, must be too much partying!

Love the idea of a calendar and this one did make me smile.

Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Thisnis lvely, such a fun image and caption.

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo, I love this calendar, the sentiment really made me smile! Thanks for your lovely comment you left on my blog today. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. love the image and sentiment .. a fab project
Thanks for playing Bingo with us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Christine said...

Hi Jo, love your calendar idea, the image is super. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, hope to see more of your design's in 2012.
Best wishes for a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

I love the sentiment Jo.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday. A Happy New Year to you and we hope to see you many many times in 2012.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Claire said...

This is a lovely creation, love the colours and what a fab quote. Hugs, Claire x

Rosietoes said...

What a fun calendar Jo! Made me smile.

Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2012.
Here's to a happy, creative New Year my friend.

Edna x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous calendar, your friend will love it.
Happy New Year.
Pauline
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a great idea to make a calender with this image. Was not sure about this CD when it first came out, but I'm liking it more and more.

Sue x

Purple Crazy said...

Great calendar, love the image. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Best wishes for the New Year x

Pami said...

Hi Jo, this is a great calendar page, love the image and the sentiment!! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week. Happy New Year! Pami x

Jennipher said...

What a unique project! Love the vintage image you used. So fun.

juelmarie said...

I'm just loving your card! Coloring is spectacular! I just love Vintage - gotta run with with this idea! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

Carol said...

Great calender Jo, your friend will love it. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Carol x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A lovely gift for your friend. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Fifties Fun Challenge.

Wendy -x-