Followers

Friday, 18 November 2011

A Monochromatic Christmas

Good Morning.

The current challenge over at Divas by Design is monochromatic.  Here is my card:

For my card I used an embossing folder that came free with a magazine last Christmas (the first time I've used it!).  I used Centura card for extra shimmer and after embossing the tree, added some midget gem frostings.  The backiing paper is from Making Cards magazine.  The snowflake border is a Memory box die which I chopped up to use it slightly differently.  The buckle is again a Memory box die with white and green organza ribbon running through it.  Finally, I added some gems to the snowflake border.

My card is for the following challenges:

Divas by Design - Monchromatic

One Stop Craft Challenge - Ribbons and lace

Christmas Card Challenges - Deck The Halls

ABC Challenge - D For Dazzle

Crafty Ann's Challenge - Monochrome

14 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

This is just beautiful Jo - thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Carol said...

This is fabulous Jo, love the white embossed tree against the green trees on backing paper. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Ann's too. Carol x

Rosietoes said...

Great wee embossing folder Jo. I'm sure you will be using it lots! Love that delicate die cut in the corner too.

Edna x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the embossed tree.xxx

Annie said...

Cool - love it.
Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, this is gorgeous! What a fabulous freebie that embossing folder was! xx

Claire said...

The embossed tree is just gorgeous and matches those DPs perfectly. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

What a beautiful card Jo, love the white tree against your background paper, just lovely.

Hugs
Sue

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous card Jo!

greetings, Alie :-)

Shelley said...

Just gorgeous, thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the DP!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Lin said...

Quite gorgeous Jo. Love what you did with the die, now my mind is going into overdrive what I can do with my MB dies!

Thanks for joining in with our Dazzle challenge at ABC.

Lin

Jen said...

Lovely card. I too have this embossing folder unused, must give it a go. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's Challenge this week.
Jen x

Unknown said...

gorgeous card!!! love the embossing and the paper with those tiny Christmas trees.... great!!!!thanks for playing with us a ABC Challenge
hugs