Followers

Thursday, 3 November 2011

A Christmas Card

Good Afternoon

I was thrilled to bits last week to learn that I had come runner-up in the Crafters Companion Birthday competition.  I am now a gold member until December 2012.  How good is that?  Well it would have been rude not to put my membership to good use, so I bought myself the Winters Tale cardmaking kit.  Here is the first (of many) cards I have made using the kit.


I took one of the card blanks and cut it in half and then mounted it onto some pearlescent cardstock.  I used on e of the image stickers on the front of the card together with a text rub-on.  The snowflake border is cut from silver glitter paper.

This is the inside of the card:

Another text rub on was used and the tree was cut from the silver glitter paper and some gems addeds to complete the card.

My card is for the following challenges:

Winter Wonderland - Clean and Simple

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - For Someone Special

Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge - Let It Snow

Thanks for visiting today.  Please let me know what you think of my card, it's lovely to hear from you!

Jo x

10 comments:

Sue B said...

Wow! this looks gorgeous Jo! I was looking at this kit and thought it looked nice! Love the way you've added the silver tree and gems. Stunning card!
Hugs Sue xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - such a sweet image and love how you've also decorated the inside - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 44 - hope to see you again soon. x

kbrandy4 said...

Hi Jo, your card is adorable!! Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs
Hazel GDT xx

Anonymous said...

Well done Jo, runner up is fantastic! Love your card today - just beautiful!
xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo, what lovely news about the Crafters Companion Competition, I'm so pleased for you. I really love the cards you have made the with the Winters Tale kit. Thanks also for joining in this month's challenge at Crafter's Companion.
Hugs Lynsey x

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card Jo. Love the dies you have used, they are so delicate.

Well done on your win!

Edna x

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

cotnob said...

Great cards Jo, love the one with the tree it's so elegant.
Pauline
x

Jan said...

Congratulations Jo. Of course it would have been rude! Love the cards you have made.
xx Jan

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely cards...the first one has a great border!

greetings, Alie :-)