Back with my second card for today.
This weeks challenge over at The CD Sunday Challenge is 'Inspired by a Peacock'. I immediately thought of Joanna Sheen's Elegant Fans cd-rom, as I thought the fan could represent the peacocks tail. When I looked on the disc I found there was a decoupaged fan featuring a peacock.
I printed the decoupage onto glossy photo paper. The backing paper was printed onto Centura Pearl paper but I wasn't too happy with the result, so rather than waste it, I ran it through my big shot with a 'Happy Birthday' embossing folder. I couldn't resist adding the feathers, it just had to be done! The sentiment was on the decoupage sheet and then 3 pearls were added to complete the card.
My card is for the following challenges:
The CD Sunday Challenge - Inspired By Peacocks
Shopping Our Stash - Birds, bugs or beasts
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Thanks for having a look.
Jo x

18 comments:
What a fab take on our theme Jo, confess peacocks never came to mind, but of course it's perfect.
Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.
B x
This is lovely and I wouldn't have thought of Elegant Fans as a disc with a suitable image but this is perfect. I do like your background it looks very effective. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and good luck with the draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
Stunning card Jo, I wouldn't have thought of checking this CD either.
Beautiful background, perfect for the image.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and good luck with the draw.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT
what a BRILLIANT way to "build" a peacock, and a magnificent job all round! i especially love the real feathers! awesome! ♥
Gorgeous Jo, didn't think of this CD either - must have an evening browsing sometime. Carol x
Hi Jo, what a lovely card! Those feathers are such a great idea and finish your card off beautifully!
Hugs Lynsey x
This is stunning Jo. Love the colours and detail.
Diane xx
What a clever choice of CD. Love the addition of theveathers.
Wandaxx
Great card Jo, love those feathers. xx Jan
Lovely fan with super colours. Hazel x Guest DT member
Fab card those feathers are so effective!
Thanks so much for joining in our Blue and Green Themed challenge this week at Allsorts...
Good Luck in the Draw!
Emma xxx
Brilliant card.
Margaret
This is fabulous, love all the feathers! Pretty colours too! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS this week :)
I love the way you did the tail feathers on this peacock...it looks great! Thanks for joining in the bugs, beasts and birds challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!
How stunning, a lovely way to do our theme this week, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday again this week.
Great card Jo. Love those feathers. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x
Awesome creation! Thanks for joining us at SOS!
Love your peacock!! I am a new follower from SOS.
Marie
http://craftelicious.blogspot.com
Post a Comment