Followers

Tuesday, 1 October 2019

A Bouquet Sent With Love

Hello and Welcome

The card I would like to share with you today is one I have made for a friend who is currently in hospital undergoing chemotherapy.  As flowers are no longer allowed in hospitals, I thought this was the next best thing:


I used Lynda Chapman's white card to create the card base, gingham card from Create & Craft and Charisma images from Tattered Lace for the flowers.  I then die cut the vase and flowers using the accompanying Tattered Lace dies, all from the Katy Jackson Graceful Garden Collection.

Although the Tattered Lace decoupage designs do take me longer to put together, I have to say they are well worth the effort, and I love the charisma images and I am not the best at colouring!

I would like to enter my card into the latest challenge over at CD Sunday Plus Challenge Blog - Challenge 20, Anything Goes.

Yesterday, hubby and I took our youngest daughter Emma to Lancaster University ready for her to start a 4 year course in Maths.  I cried all the way home!  I am so proud of her and all her achievements and now hope she settles in well and enjoys the course.  I am missing her like crazy!


Finally, can I please ask for your advise?  I am soon to be getting a new craft room.  I am moving from our smallest bedroom to a  much bigger room.  I have loads of ribbons, both on reels and loose, which I seldom use because they are not in any kind or order.  Please could you tell/show me how you store yours?  I am determined to have them more accessible in the future so that I will finally get to use some of them.  Thanks in anticipation.

Jo x

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a fabulous card Jo. A wonderful idea which I am sure will be copied.
Thank you for sharing this with is.
Now about your ribbons. I have stuck some hooks on the outside top of my cupboards. The small command hooks that can be pulled off and not leave any marks. I then clip bunches of ribbon (and some other bits)using the tiny bulldog clips and hang them on the hooks in full view. I used to have them in boxes but found I wasn't using them. I will put a photo on my blog so that you can see.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jo, perfect for your friend in hospital.
Congratulations to your daughter starting university, it is a very emotional time for you both but also an exciting time for her - I wish her all the best.
Sorry, I can't help with your ribbon problem - I have never managed to find a good way to store ribbons, if you find one please share it with me.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jane Willis said...

This is stunning, and what a thoughtful alternative to flowers for your friend. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Plus.
As for the ribbon storage, I keep most of my reels standing on edge in a plastic basket, with the end of each ribbon poking out through one of the holes in the side of the basket so I can cut off what I need without any tangling.
However the shorter lengths and cards with ribbon wound on, I must confess I keep jumbled up in plastic bags, although at least I've recently sorted them out from one huge bag into three smaller ones - plain, patterned and speciality

Jocelyn said...

I love that shape card - absolutely amazing.

Good luck to your daughter on starting a very exciting time. It sounds like you are gaining a bigger craft room.

I've never been able to find a good way to store ribbons but if I was to use Carol's method I would very soon find a small cat swinging on the ends of all my pretty ribbons. :-)

Thank you for sharing such a lovely card with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Wynn said...

Love this idea for a hospital card. I have a friend in hospital recovering from a broken hip. So I might just copy this idea for her card. Now for ribbons. When I got new wardrobes put in some had drawers inside . One is not very deep, I think it's for jeweller, but it's a perfect depth for ribbon reels. I just lay them in flat and I can see at a glance the colours. I'll try to take a pic so you can see what I mean. First time mine have ever been organised mind you!! Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Wow what a wonderful cad, the shape and the flowers I am sure she will love it
thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT