Followers

Monday, 15 October 2018

CD Sunday Challenge - Off The Cutting Room Floor

Hello and Welcome to my Blog today

Yesterday saw the start of a new challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog.  I think it's a very clever challenge theme this time of 'Off The Cutting Room Floor'.  I'm a terrible hoarder and have a folder crammed full of part used pages I've printed off cd-roms.  Unfortunately, I rarely remember to look through this when making cards, but this challenge saw me heading straight to my folder and this is the card I came up with:


My card is made using an image and backing papers from Crafters' Companion BeBunni cd-rom,  I used a 6 x 6 card blank.  I die-cut 2 floral borders from white card stock using a spellbinders die.  I inked through the die to add colour to the petals.

I matted the topper onto white card and attached it to the card front using foam pads.  I die-cut the Happy Birthday sentiment from silver card using a tonic die.

I feel really pleased with myself that I've made a card which made good use of some papers that had been sat in a folder for quite some time, so a big thanks to CD Sunday for giving me the idea.

Happy Crafting

Jo x

8 comments:

meg said...

Great way to use the papers Jo, love the layout and the adorable topper

Jocelyn said...

A fabulous card Jo and isn't it so satisfying to use up some of the things we all hoard.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Jo, BeBunni is so sweet.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jane Willis said...

Adorable, so glad that all the lovely elements you've used are no longer just lurking in a folder! Thanks for playing along
Jane

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card using up your pieces of paper. It’s so good to use up paper that would otherwise just sit in a box.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret DT

Pamela said...

Well done Jo on using up those ‘lurking’ papers. A great card for the theme.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Wynn said...

Very pretty card. Love the image and great use of left over background papers. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday WynnDT

Carol said...

Hi Jo, I am glad my challenge inspired you to use some papers you otherwise might have forgotten. A lovely card with such pretty soft colours.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT