Followers

Friday, 2 March 2018

CD Sunday Challenge - Second Entry

Hello and Welcome

I'm very sad to say that we have had yet more bad news.  I have been trying to distract myself with my crafting but my heart isn't really in it just now.

After loosing my dad on Boxing Day, I recently got the tragic news that my older sister has died from a very rare brain disease.  She was just 50 years old and leaves a husband and 3 children.

I decided to make a second entry for the current challenge over at CD Sunday.  This time I have made a Thank You card:


I've had this cute little bear decoupage in my stash for a while and thought it time he saw the light of day!  The sparkly balloon backing paper was a freebie with a magazine some time ago.  I used red card from PaperMill for my mats and layers.  The dies are my Marianne Designs.  The red gingham paper is my CD element and this was printed from Seraphina Alphabet Collection cd-rom

Thanks for visiting!

Jo x

8 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Jo. What sad news. It is difficult to know what to say except that I am thinking of you. If making your card has helped a little in sorting you thoughts I am pleased it was for us. A very pretty card with a beautiful backing paper.
Hug from
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jo, such a sweet image and lovely design.
I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such sad news, it is so tragic when someone so young is taken.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pamela said...

A very pretty card Jo, I like how you've pulled all the colours together.
I'm so very sorry to hear of your lose. Such sad news.

meg said...

So sorry to read your sad news Jo, the past few months have been very difficult for you and your extended family.Love the sweet image and card. Meg xx

Jane Willis said...

So sorry to hear your sad news.
But you've made a lovely cheerful card - I love the fun image and those beautiful die cuts. Thanks for sharing at CD Sundays
Jane

Wynn said...

Jo...what can I say....such tragic news for you and your family. Thinking of you.
I'm pleased crafting has helped you to focus on something else. It's a very pretty card and teddy is adorable. Thank you for taking the time to enter our challenge once again. You are such a loyal supporter of our challenges.....thank you Wynn DT CD Sunday x

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card and beautiful colours that bend so well together
I am so sorry to read your news, my thoughts are with you
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Crafting is at least a distraction at sad times and you have made a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT