Followers

Wednesday, 17 January 2018

J is for January

Hello and welcome to my blog today.  Happy New Year.  I know I'm a bit late wishing this but I've had some very sad news over the Christmas period.  Sadly, my dad passed away on Boxing Day.  I lost my mum almost 5 years ago so this really is the end of an era for me, my sister and our families.

When I feel up to it, I;m trying to lose myself in some crafting.  I turned to CD Sunday Challenge for some inspiration and was delighted to learn that I had won their Christmas Present challenge.  The theme for the latest challenge is' J is for ...... ' Here is my creation:


I went with J is for January.

This is a calendar that I have made to send to my sister.  I used the latest Paper Boutique dies from Creative Crafting World to create the shape of my calendar. and also to cut the beautiful decorative frame.  Can I just say that these are gorgeous dies and they cut like a dream.  The backing papers and Polar Bear image are from Creative Crafting World.  These are from the Paper Kit that came with the Pollyanna Pickering Sketch Book Chapter VI - The Frozen Lands,

I created an easel card and added the calendar tab to the base, this also acts as the stopper.  I added some pretty mother-of-pearl floral gems to the decorative frame to complete my calendar.

Thank you for visiting.

Jo x

8 comments:

Jane Willis said...

So sorry your Christmas was spoiled with such sad news Jo.
Your card is beautiful, that die cut frame has a frosty, snowy look about it that is perfect for the polar bear image. Thanks once again for your loyal support of CD Sundays.
Jane

meg said...

Condolences on you loss Jo, such a sad time for you and your extended family.

Love the card, smashing image and take on the theme.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely calander card, and lovely image,
We were sorry to hear your news, and well done on winning the last challenge,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

So sad to read your news Jo. Sending you love and sympathy at this sad time.
I hope crafting is helping and thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday with such a great idea for a calendar. Wynn DT

cotnob said...

A fabulous calendar Jo, such an adorable image and beautiful frame.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol said...

A fabulous project Jo. I hope that making this has helped a little.
Love
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

That's a lovely idea for 'J for ...' and I love that die it makes a wonderful frame. I was only looking at those dies earlier today. Looks like I will have to go back for another look! Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Sorry to hear your sad news Jo, a childhood friend of mine died on New Years Day...such a sad time of the year for many families.
Love your calendar, such a cute image and pretty design. Carol x