Followers

Monday, 8 May 2017

CD Sunday Challenge - Anything Asian

It's time for a new challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge and this time the theme is 'Anything Asian' which gives us fantastic scope.  Here is my card:



I immediately thought of the fabulous Kimono range from Crafters' Companion for my card.  This has to be one of my all-time favourite ranges.

I started by embossing some core-dinations cardstock using one of the embossing folders from the Kimono range.  I printed out the topper and butterflies onto some super smooth paper and added these using foam pads for extra dimension.  I die cut the sentiment twice from co-ordinating card and off-set them slightly for a shadow effect.  The beautiful peacock die is also from the Kimono range.  I die-cut it from white card and then added two different embossing powders, picking out colours from the topper.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the lovely inspiration from the design team.

Jo x

8 comments:

meg said...

Fantastic card Jo, love the layout and that the topper has an area that has been cut away, beautiful colours and the perfect finishing touch with the peacock,thanks for your continued support at CD Sunday Megxx

Wynn said...

This is a very pretty colour palette Jo. I love how you've combined and co ordinated everything. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

Carol said...

Hi Jo. A fantastic card and I know Jane will be thrilled with your interpretation of her theme. I love that you coloured the Peacock with embossing powders. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Thank you for your continued support and for your visits to our own Blogs.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jo, such a fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pamela said...

I only have the CD rom from the Kimono range but I love the colours used in it. I like how you've cut away the circle to show the young women behind it and I love your little peacock. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for continuing to support the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous designed card, love the die cuts which makes the card even more speical.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely beautiful, so many different elements that are gorgeous together. Thank you for entering my "Anything Asian" challenge at CD Sundays
Jane

Jocelyn said...

Love the embossed background and the pretty image you have chosen. The offset sentiment looks very effective.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT