A very Happy New Year to you all.
It is time for a new challenge over at Crafty Calendar and this month our theme is What's New? This gives you so many options - new stash, new job, new baby to name but a few.
Our sponsor for this challenge is High Hopes Rubber Stamps and they are offering the winner the fabulous prize of 2 unmounted rubber stamps of their choice.
I have made a calendar for our challenge this month, which is also a Thank You for Christmas gifts.
I used a 6" x 6" card blank onto which I matted some deep pink Core dinations card stock. I matted onto this some patterned paper from Creative Crafting World.
I used the beautiful Nautical Wheeler Doily Die from Cheery Lynn Designs, which I cut from pale blue glitter card. I cut the small centre die into four equal sections which I added to each of the corners and then added a blue crystal gem to each corner.
I added the main doily die to the centre and then added a die-cut butterly to the centre of the doily. The butterly was cut from the same core dinations card and I then handcut a plain butterfly from the glitter card for extra detail. Blue crystal gems were then added to the butterfly.
The Happy New Year sentiment was cut using Tattered Lace dies, and then matted onto a decorative mat cut using Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8.
For the base of the calendar, I cut a larger decorative label from the same set to which I attached the calendar tab. I made a cover for the calendar again die cut from the same label die. The sentiment was again cut using Tattered Lace dies. This was attached to the card using foam pads to form a stopper for the upper part of the calendar.
I then cut the border from the glittered card using the stunning
Butterflies Among The Vines Mesh Border die from Cheery Lynn designs.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I do hope you'll join in with our challenge. Please do visit my teammates blogs to see their wonderful creations too.
I would like to enter my calendar in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 165 - Thank You.




5 comments:
Hi Jo, what a pretty card!
Hugs Lynsey x
Very pretty card. Thank you for joining the cheery Lynn challenges. Good luck.
Lovely thank you card, Jo. Very clever to use the center of the doily as corner adornments. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.
This is gorgeous Jo, so pretty and I love all the dies you've used. Carol x
Another lovely creation Jo. Thank you so so much for the beautiful Christmas card I received yesterday ;) and the fab calendar today. I always look forward to one of your calendars each year and as usual it sits in pride of place in the living room. I haven't been visiting many blogs lately as I'm up to my eyes with DT work and hubby is just out of hospital so it's been all go! I do hope you are keeping well and I would like to wish you and your family a very happy and healthy New year. Hugs galore xxxx Edna
Post a Comment