Followers

Saturday, 15 March 2014

Annabelle's Garden

Hi Everyone

I'm still really struggling with the side effects of my latest additional medication which is having a huge effect on my life in general and particularly my crafting.  I've always found crafting a welcome 'release' but just lately I'm finding it really difficult to motivate myself even to do any crafting.

I needed to make a birthday card and didn't know where to start, so I visited the Seems A Little Sketchy Challenge Blog to give me the much needed layout for my card.

I had some gorgeous printed panels and a paper pack from Wild Rose Studios (Annabelle's Garden) which I wanted to put to good use too, and here is my card:


I used a 6 x 6 scalloped card blank for my base.  Some mint green card from PaperMill was used for all my mats and the Happy Birthday greeting which was die cut using Tattered Lace sentiment dies.

I cut around the image using a C'art-us Scalloped circle die and inked around the edges using Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I added this to the card using foam pads to add dimension.

The roses were created using Martha Stewart Paper Clay and a mould I purchased from Amazon.  This is great to use for embellishments as it is light as a feather.

The ribbon strip was re-cycled.  Some pyjamas I received as a present had this ribbon wrapped around them and I thought the colours matched my card perfectly.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Seems A Little Sketchy - Sketch

Alphabet Challenge Blog - C for Country Flowers

Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Use Ribbon

Cute Card Thursday - Girls, Girls, Girls

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog - Flowers

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I really do appreciate it.




12 comments:

Jacquel said...

Your card is gorgeous & that image is so very pretty! I hope you start to feel like your old self again very soon!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Seems A Little Sketchy & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

Jessi said...

What a beautiful card Jo, I'm sure the recipient will love it! I love the beautiful soft colours you've chosen and the roses are just perfect. I also rely on sketches for inspiration and just to get me started, so check out the already available sketches for future challenges at Seems a Little Sketchy.

Kim said...

such a pretty spring time card Jo - and do hope you get your medication sorted and start to improve soon
Kim x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Jo, such a pretty image and papers.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time at the moment - I hope your medication settles down soon.
Pauline
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Poor you, hope you feel better soon. Your card is gorgeous, love the image and pretty colours

Debs said...

Wonderful card with gorgeous flowers, thank you so much for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week. Good Luck.
Hugs Debs

Sandy Trefger said...

So sorry the medication is causing you to not be motivated. Your card is beautiful and turned out so wonderful with our sketch! I love the pink and green colors and the image is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us and sharing your lovely card with Seems a Little Sketchy!

Sandy Trefger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paper fun said...

So beautiful!! You have put me in the mood for spring. Now if the weather will cooperate.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Diane said...

Your card is gorgeous, love the colors and image.

Hugs Diane

Hazel said...

Hello Jo, I've not been visiting very often as I'm just not 'chatting' as much as I did when Eric was here. I have caught up with your cards made over the past few weeks and they are all great. This one is in lovely colours. Hope to be back soon, take care. Hazel x