Followers

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

The Lighthouse

My card for today is made using the Seascapes stamp set from Inkylicious:



A6 card blank

I stamped the lighthouse and cliff onto Satin Silk Art Card (also from Inkylicious) using black Stazon Ink.

I then masked the stamped images and cut 2 little circle masks for the sun and its' reflection.

I brayered the sea using a Big and Juicy waterfall inkpad.

I used the same ink for the sky, cut some paper into the shape of the clouds and then added ink using Ink Dusters.

I added yellow ink for the sun.

The hill was coloured using Frayed Burlap and Pine Needles distress inks and then I stamped some grass using Pine Needles.

I stamped 2 of the shells from the stamp set and coloured using Frayed Burlap.

I used a Nellie Snellen die for the mat for the main image and C'art Us scolloped circle die for the mats for the shells.

I embossed some blue card with D'vine Swirls embossing folder to represent the waves.

I cut the tag for the sentiment by hand.

Finally I stamped the birds from the stamp set in black ink.

My card is for the following challenges:

Seize The Birthday - Sketch plus theme - Masculine Birthday Card

Inkspirational Challenge - Anything Goes


Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Hanna and Friends Challenge - Anything Goes

Craft A Scene - Create a scene including a lighthouse.






17 comments:

Kim said...

fantastic card Jo, love lighthouse images and this one looks great!
Kim x

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the masking and use of the brayer on here. Great take on the sketch too.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
Lynn

sandie said...

Fabulous, I love how you have created this dreamy scene! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Lisbeth K said...

Love this ocean-themed card! I can almost hear the ocean... Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week, hope you join us again soon :)

Dora said...

beautiful card with the lighthouse.
your whole card is so nice to see.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ocean scene. Your attention to detail makes this scene so beautiful, like the reflected sun in the water and the little sea birds. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely image and fab colours.xxx

Carol said...

Fab card Jo, you' ve done a great job colouring the image. Carol x

Sue said...

This is beautiful Jo. I love the image and the way you have coloured it is fantastic.
Sue

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

brenda said...

Lovely brayering ans inking Jo and a really atmospheric scene.

Thanks so much to sharing with us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

Stacey Schafer said...

what a beauty! thanks for joining the fun at Seize the Birthday!

cotnob said...

Fabulous seaside card Jo, you've really made me start dreaming about summer now!
Pauline
x

Sally H said...

A great lighthouse scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a scene this month and good luck!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lovely masking and brayering. A lovely card for the challenge. thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

NancyD said...

Great sun reflection and lighthouse. Love the card! Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Deanna said...

Beautiful card! love the colors and and design.