Followers

Saturday, 2 February 2013

Crafty Calendar Challenge February

The theme for this month is 'Love and Marriage'.  This month we are sponsored by the fabulous Whimsy Stamps and the lucky winner will receive 5 digi stamps of their choice.  Here is my card:


I was asked to make a card to celebrate a couples golden wedding anniversary.  I made an 8 x 8 easel card and matted it with some paper from Joanna Sheen's elegant fans cd-rom. I decoupaged the photograph.  The heart border was made using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch.  For the stopper I used a card embroidery pattern and added some pearls.  The sentiment was stamped using Dimension alphabet stamps.  I created the floral embellishment using mulberry roses from my stash.

I also made a box for the card:


Please do visit the Challenge Blog and have a look at the gorgeous creations my team mates have made.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bearly-Mine Challenges - Hearts Galore

Totally Papercrafts - Make your own embellishments

My Mum's Craft Shop - Love

Heck of a Challenge - Love is all Around




10 comments:

Sonia said...

Just wonderful card my dear friend^_^
Gorgeous embellishments and sweet image^_^
Happy Sunday^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Sue said...

This is stunning Jo. I love the elegant design and beautiful embroidery pattern.
sue

Kim. said...

This is absolutely stunning Jo, love the simplicity of it yet it is so elegant.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful and special personalised card Jo!
xx

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Jo, the matching box is perfect.
Pauline
x

Sonia said...

I'm here again^_^ Thank you for joining us at Heck of a Challenge and Good Luck in the draw^_^
Sonia DT member

cotnob said...

Hi Jo, I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Lady E said...

Beautiful card and lovely box :) Thank you for joining us at Heck of a Challenge and Good Luck!
Lady E DT

Natascha said...

Awesome card! Thank you so much for joining our "Hearts Galore" Challenge over at Bearly Mine. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Steph said...

What an elegant card and box. Love the colour scheme! Thanks so much for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges, hope to see you again soon! x