Followers

Saturday, 9 February 2013

Angelica & Friends - Mariella

It's the turn of Mariella today, she has such a pretty name don't you think?  Once again I coloured her with my Spectrum Noirs, I'm trying to build up my confidence to use these pens more often.  I think it's the hair that I find most daunting.


7 x 7 card
Backing paper printed from the cd-rom onto Satin Finish printer paper from Crafter's Companion (highly recommended), inked around the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.
Image stamped onto Neenah card using Memento ink.
A Crafts Too die was used to cut the mat the image is sat on and the sentiment mat.  These were cut from Core'dinations card.  The sentiment is Lili Of The Valley.
I embossed some card from PaperMill using a Beatrix Potter embossing folder and once again inked around the edges.
The flowers were created using Die'sire Sunflower quilling die.
Finally, ribbon from Create & Craft was added to the card.

My card is for the following challenges:



Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Use ribbon and/or lace

Crafty Sentiment Designs - Anything Goes

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Ribbons and bows


17 comments:

Sonia said...

Just wonderful card my dearest friend:)
Adore the doble bows and lovely image:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Sue said...

This is beautiful Jo. She is such a sweetie and I love the flowers and ribbon
Sue xx

Carol said...

Very pretty card Jo and a great job on the colouring. Carol x

Claire said...

This is such a sweet card, love what you have done with the ribbon. Hugs, Claire x

Liz McGuire, said...

Aww, this is so sweet. Love the blue and those flowers are gorgeous. And your colouring looks great to me.

Liz x

Betty said...

What a pretty card Jo you've coloured her beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck
Bettyxxx

rachel said...

this is so sweet - just bought three of these stamps myself and they arrived today - can't wait to get inky - sorry - your card is beautiful - love the colours! Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments this time and good luck xx

Anne said...

Lovely card Jo, very pretty
Thanks for playing along with Crafty Sentiments
Anne x

Moshie said...

Your card is darling! I love how you colored her and her hair looks awesome. I am trying to learn to do hair with my copics so understand the daunting part! Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends. Hope to see you at our next challenge too! Hugs and God bless.

catherine said...

This is great and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week
x catherine

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, what a stunning creation, hugs Pops x

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful, love the double bow and ribbons, very effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

So pretty card! hugs, Helena

Unknown said...

gorgeously cute card.

Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
Claire x
(DT)

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous card, Jo. You have coloured Mariella beautifully!!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

cotnob said...

This is really pretty Jo, I love the soft blues.
Pauline
x

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the image you've used and all the details you've added.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x