Followers

Tuesday, 13 August 2024

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge

 Good morning

I'm back from a lovely week away.  Yesterday was my hubbies 60th birthday.  We had lots of callers and our daughters came round for their tea.  I made his favourite cake - chocolate with galaxy melted on the top!  There are more celebrations planned for the weekend.

It was a friends birthday the other day, so I decided to use a house-mouse image for her card.  I hadn't made a shaker card in ages, and thought this image lent itself to a shaker card!




The image and backing paper are from Joanna Sheen's house-mouse cd-rom.  I cut an aperture into some purple card and again into the backing paper.  Sugar strands were added as the shaker element, then I created some little party hats from the backing paper and some streamers from a toning yellow paper.

I would like to enter my card into House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge - Anything goes with the option to add a butterfly.

Thanks for visiting!

Jo xx

8 comments:

meg said...

Many Happy Returns to Your hubby Jo,love the card you made for him

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Jo :-) the image is so sweet and I love that you made a shaker!! the sprinkles are perfect! Your friend is going to love this!! :-)
Happy Birthday to your hubby too! :-)

Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

April said...

What a fun shaker card! I love the ribbon you added. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great shaker card Jo, it's beautiful
Thank you for playing with us at the
House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member

Bunny said...

I had to look up what a galaxy melt was. It's very pretty. Happy belated birthday to your husband and friend.

Cute shake card. The House Mouse mice always know how to throw a great party don't they? The shake bits look like sprinkles. Thanks for joining us at the HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Sue said...

What a fun group of mice! and the Shaker card design is fun too. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Pam MacKay said...

Super fun shaker love the cute image clever idea too! Thanks for sharing your card with us over at HMFMC DT Pam

LesleyG said...

This is adorable, I love all the elements, including your cute tiny hats! xx