Good morning
A very warm welcome to my blog today. Today is Father's Day in the UK and both my daughter's are staying here so they get to spend the day with their day.
Today see's the start of a new challenge over at CD Sunday Plus Challenge. Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge - I've now got quite a challenge in choosing the top 3!
As you may have seen in my previous post, we recently got a new Cocker Spaniel puppy. I wanted to take a gift to the lady we got him from. Bailey was one of 11 puppies, so with his mum Rosie, there were the perfect number to make a perpetual calendar. Today I am sharing with you the front cover and 'July'.
For the cover I printed the paw print paper from Joanna Sheen's Furry Friends cd-rom and used my (new) Crafters' Companion die to cut the word Thankful. I the matted this onto Hunkydory's rainbow mirri card. I chose a couple of sentiments from 'A Little Dog Laughed' card making kit to finish off the front.
Next is Miss July!!! The puppies all wore a different coloured collar to identify them, so I used the colour of the puppies collar as the colour of the mats on the page they were featured on. Lynda Chapman's famous black card and kraft card are featured throughout the calendar!
The backing paper behind Ivy's photo is from Krafty Hands Cute Puppies & Kittens cd-rom. The lettering is all from Creative Crafting World Bree Merryn cd-rom as are all the Calendar Tabs. The paper on the opposite page are from a Creative Crafting World paper kit, now available on a Paper Pantry USB. I love this paper kit. The die of the dog and boots is a Tattered Lace die.
It took many hours to make the calendar but I was really pleased with it when it was done. I got a message of thanks from Rosie's owner to say she loved it and it made her cry!!
Here is a photo of Bailey helping me finish off my blog post.
I hope to see you over on the challenge blog, and please leave a message so I know you've been.
Jo (& Bailey) xx



3 comments:
Lovely idea and looks like it took a bit of time but well worth the effort,
I hope he does not take a liking to the mouse, he looks gorgeous hope hes settling in well
A fabulous project Jo, such a great idea to use the colours from the puppies collars, a wonderful gift.
Bailey looks so cute helping you finish your blog post.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x
This is a fabulous project and was very obviously made with love.
Nice to see Bailey helping :-)
Post a Comment