Followers

Wednesday, 31 March 2021

Call A Guide Dog Arthur

 Good morning


When our dad died we asked for donations rather than flowers, the donations were for the Guide Dogs for the Blind.  Dad was a life-long dog lover and long term supported of Guide Dogs.  I remember organising a Jumble Sale in aid of Guide Dogs when I was in my teens!

Both my sister and I were hoping to name a Guide Dog after dad, but the donations we received were a long way short of the required donation and I wasn't in a good place at the time to consider further fundraising.

The idea has remained in my mind since.  I have recently done more crocheting than card making and have been asked a few times if I would consider making items to sell.  I have therefore decided to make items to sell to try and achieve this target.  I need to raise £2,500.

Today is my dad's birthday, and the perfect day to launch my fundraising.  If you would like to see what I've been up to, please have a look at my page https://www.facebook.com/Call-A-Guide-Dog-Arthur-103270615160586

Thanks for reading!

Jo x

5 comments:

cotnob said...

A wonderful idea Jo, good luck with your fundraising.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kim said...

Good luck with the fundraising!
Kim x

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely idea. I hope your fundraising is successful and you reach your target.
Jocelyn x

Jocelyn said...

I've just been and had a look at your fundraising page. As we live a long way from each other I have made a just giving donation instead of buying one of your lovely makes. That is a lovely photo of your Dad. Good luck with all your fundraising efforts.
Jocelyn x

Margarets designer cards said...

Good luck with the fundraising, before Covid I did a table at a craft fair in aid of the guidre dogs, they were going to repeat it in the summer but that was hit on the head, I am hoping they will do another one when everything opens up