Hello
This is my entry into the current challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge which this time has a theme of 'Shabby Chic'. This really was a challenge for me and I hope that my card fits the bill. Thanks Meg for pointing me in the right direction.
Rarely for me, I used a stamped image for my card. This gorgeous image and the embellishments are all from the adorable Patchwork Polly range of stamps by Jane Nestorenko. I stamped them all in Memento ink and coloured using Spectrum Noir pencils. The card used is from Create and Craft, the backing paper printed from Crafters' Companion Swalk cd-rom and the lace is also from Crafters' Companion.
I distressed all around the edges of the backing paper using a very handy distressing tool and then inked the edges using a Tim Holtz distress ink. Finally I added lots of pearls from Joanna Sheen.
This is one of the cards I have made for my daughter to give to her teachers. She leaves high school this month and is currently sitting her GCSE's. She has 3 exams today!
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jo x

8 comments:
Love it Jo, everything there for the perfect shabby chic card, apologies for taking you out of your comfort zone and many thanks for joining in my challenge at CD Sunday
Very pretty card, lovely image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT
This is lovely and very pretty colours. I instantly recognised the artwork of Jayne and have these stamps myself. You have reminded me that I must stamp more!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing at CD Sundays.
I have posted your prize from the Asian challenge this morning - sorry for the delay but I was away on holiday
Jane
A very pretty card Jo - love the colours. Thanks for supporting the challenge at CD Sunday.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.
A pretty card Jo, such a sweet image and lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x
A lovely colour palette Jo. I am sure the card will be treasured by the teacher. Good luck to your daughter with her exams. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT
A lovely card Jo. Such a sweet little one. Thank you for coming out of your comfort zone. You weren't the only one. I got so involved in trying to be Shabby Chic I almost forgot something from a CD.
Thanks for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT
Post a Comment