Hello
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
I've had a lovely leisurely time crafting today. I've had a rotten week health wise so it was nice to spend some time doing something I enjoy. It was about all I had the energy for!
This is my entry into the current challenge at CD Sunday Challenge which is 'add a button or buttons':
Do pop across and visit the challenge blog. It's a great way of encouraging you to use your cd's and you're always guaranteed a warm welcome.
I know it's a little bit late to be making a calendar but I needed to make a thank you card for my brother-in-law who lives in the Highlands so decided to turn it into a calendar instead!
I used elements from the Tweedies cd-rom and papercraft kit from Crafters Companion. The Calendar is sat on a mat created using a Spellbinders Belly Band die. The branches and flowers are made using a combination of Crafters Companion and Marianne dies, finished in the centres with some gorgeous gems that I got some time ago from Joanna Sheen.
I die cut the buttons using Tattered lace dies and then triple-embossed them using extra thick embossing powder. I threaded some embroidery thread through each one.
The tag was another of the elements from the cd rom. The 'With Love' sentiment was die cut twice using a Tattered Lace die and layered to create a shadow effect.
Have a lovely weekend.
Jo x
8 comments:
What a fabulous project Jo, I love the buttons and you have used some great dies.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx
This is gorgeous Jo, such a fabulous image and lovely details.
I'm sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I hope you soon get some energy back.
Take care.
Pauline
x
What a fabulous card/calendar. I love the image of a highland cow you have chosen - really effective. Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
A gorgeous card Jo. You have put so much into it - you can tell you enjoyed making it. Thank you for your kind words.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT
Oh dear, a CD-ROM I'd not come across before . I love the idea of making an easel card style calendar, you've made a fab creation here
Jane
Love this creation Jo. Your brother will love it too I'm sure. Great job making the die cut buttons and that image is fab. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT
Fabulous calendar project.
Hugs Diane
What a lovely creations, and gorgeous image,
Margaret
Post a Comment