Followers

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Crafty Calendar Challenge March - Add Some Metal

Hello and a warm welcome to my blog.

Another month has flown by which means it's time for a new challenge over at Crafty Calendar Challenge.  This month we would like you to add some metal to your card.

Our sponsor for this month is our very own Kimberly.  Here is my card:


I used white linen card from Crafters Companion to create my card base.

The main image and the backing paper it's sat on, are both from a Hunkydory kit called 'What a Hoot'.  I created a large tag for the image to sit on so that it could be used as a bookmark, and tied harlequin ribbon from Create & Craft through the top, tied into a bow.  I attached my metal owl charm (from ebay) to some twine and threaded this through as well.  I added the bookmark to the card using foam pads to that it can easily be removed.

I die-cut the beautiful panels using Memorybox 'Delicate Butterfly Arch' die and then cut extra butterflies and flowers which I layered using foam pads.  I added tiny silver gems to the owls eyes and to the centres of all the flowers, it looks really good in real life but doesn't show up so well in the photo!  Finally I added silver peel offs to the corners.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, and please do visit the challenge blog to see the gorgeous creations from my teammates.


2 comments:

Jan said...

Love this Jo xx Jan

Carol said...

This is beautiful Jo, so pretty. Carol x