Followers

Friday, 2 May 2014

For Someone Special

Good Morning

The current challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge is to make a card for Someone Special.  This is the card I made for my sister's birthday:


I used some photos of my sister when she was around 2 - 3 years old and placed them in frames created using Martha Stewarts' paper clay.  I used a spellbinders die to cut the mats for the photos to sit on.

I cut the large squares of card from white and purple pearlescent card and layered them up.  Pearl hearts from my stash were added to each corner.  I cut four corners using a Joy corner die (which I trimmed a bit off to make fit better) and die cut some flowers using a Cheery Lynn die, pearls were then placed in the centres of the flowers.  The backing paper is from CardCreations Plus Flowers In Bloom cd-rom.  The sentiment was cut from the purple pearlescent card using Tattered Lace sentiment dies.

I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafting From The Heart Challenge - Anything Goes

Clear It Out Challenge - Use Purple




9 comments:

Wynn said...

This is a very stylish card. I love the die cut corners. I think your sister will love this especially as you've personalised it with the photos. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday. Wynn DT xx

Carol said...

A beautiful card with such a lot of thought. I am sure your sister will love and cherish it.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A beautiful card Jo and one I am certain your Sister will treasure. Love the die cuts and the bp is super. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT Team A

starcyl said...

Your sister is going to love this!
Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT (Team A)

cotnob said...

This is a stunning card Jo, your little photograph frames are beautiful and such an elegant design, I bet your sister loved her card.
Pauline
x

Beryl said...

This is beautiful Joe. A lovely elegant design. I bet your sister was thrilled with it.
Thankyou for sharing it with us and joining in the challenge.
Beyl xx
CD Sunday DT

verybellemakes said...

What a lovely way to frame photos on a card! Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Jocelyn said...

A beautiful card and obviously made with love for your sister.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, love all the elements, and those frames for the pictures ingenious. Your card is so well put together. Thanks for playing along with us at clear it out Tuesday for the Purple challenge,