Followers

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

To A Special Auntie

Hello

I have been asked to make a 90th birthday card for an auntie with a floral theme.  I immediately reached for the gorgeous Kew Floral Collection cd-rom from Kraftyhands, and here is my card:


8 x 8 Elegant Edge card from Creative Crafting World
Image printed a few times so I could decoupage the image.
Backing paper from cd-rom
The roses are made using a Marianne die, as are the leaves.  I printed a sheet of pink paper from the cd-rom to created the roses so I knew the would tie-in perfectly.  
Silver mirror card used for matting and layering.
Sentiment is computer generated.
Pearls from my stash places in each corner.


I used the same backing paper inside the card.  I cut a matching ribbon border which I threaded with organza ribbon to complete the card.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Kraftyhands Challenge - Flower Frenzy

CD Sunday Challenge - Ornate Blossoms

Bearly Mine Challenge - Lucky Dip - I chose Die-cuts, Flowers and Ribbon

Creative Craft Challenge - Just Checking

Cupcake Craft Challenges - Lots of Layers




17 comments:

Kim said...

lovely card Jo, love that image and the colours. hope you're keeping ok (I know how hard it is)
Kim x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Jo, such a gorgeous image and I love the way you have decorated the inside as well.
Pauline
x

Mistys Mum said...

what a beautiful card I am sure the lady was thrilled with it. i particularly like the little die-cut rose sprays that go across the card.
Gloria xx
GDT for May @ CD Sunday

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful inside and out, from a gorgeous CD. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Andree said...

A gorgeous card. The flowers look fabulous and I love the ribbon threader on the inside. Thank you for joining in at Kraftyhands this month and good luck x

sue-b said...

Very pretty Jo, and i love the inside with the threaded ribbon, thanks for joining us this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

A beautiful card Jo. I'm sure the lady it was made for will be thrilled with it.
Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

MerjaHannele said...

A very pretty card, love the inside too! I think the lady would be happy to get this!

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Jo, I am sure the lady will be thrilled to receive it.
I haven't any Kraftyhands CD's but this looks a good to to have especially as I have a love for flowers.
Thanks for joining us again this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A lovely card and I love the vintage colours.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Very Pretty card, with a beautiful image
Margaret

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Marlene DT

Carol said...

This is beautiful Jo, love the image. Carol x

Shelly said...

Beautiful, sweet card Jo. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge x

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. I love the handmade roses.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Such a pretty card Jo, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Linda Simpson said...

Thank you for entering our challenge at Kraftyhands. To be eligible to win you also need to follow the blog.

Hugs
Linda xxx
DT Administrator