Followers

Monday, 11 March 2013

Thank You

Thank you all for your messages following the loss of my Mum.  We've had her funeral and it was a very difficult day for us all.  The sun shone, which I'm sure helped a little, and we had put together a lovely service to give mum the send off she deserved.

I'm back at home now and very much in limbo.  People say about getting back to normal but there is no normal any more because such a huge part of my life has been taken from me.  There are so many times when I think "I must tell mum about that", or think of things I want to ask her.

Dad's keeping busy and my two sisters who live near to him are calling in to see him each day.  I speak to him on the phone most days too.

I have so many happy memories and I hope these will help me through, it really isn't sinking in at the moment.     I know Mum will always be with us in our mannerisms, sayings and memories.

I love you Mum.  Night, night, God bless.

7 comments:

Sonia said...

You touched me my dear friend...
I think is so difficult,I love my mum and the thought to lost her die my heart.. Try to find the force to continue your beautiful life,your mum is near you,I'm near you..Your mum continue to see you,your sisters and your dad.
Huge hugs my friend.

Sue said...

Thinking of you and sending you big hugs Jo.
Take care
Sue xx

Kim said...

sending a hug Jo. It's so difficult when these things happen. It's over 10 years since I lost my mum when the kids were little and I still want to ring her up now and tell her what they've been up to! She's still with you in your heart and memories and you'll treasure those.
Kim x

cotnob said...

I will be thinking of you Jo, I hope you can find some comfort in the wonderful memories you have of the happy times spent with your Mum.
Take care.
Pauline
x

xxxtglxxx said...

Just popped by to say hi, and I am so, so sorry to read your news :(

I lost my mum just 3 years ago, also following a surprise illness and it was such a shock. I carry her love with me every day, and think of her often. She inspires my crafting (I inherited so much stash!) and actually took up blogging shortly after her death as I had no one to share things with.

I no longer have a phone, as I used to just sit waiting for her to ring me, but I find the things I think I would like to tell her are still very much with me and I often fill my dads head with so much chatter and jibberish he doesnt know whats hit him! :)

You all still have each other in your family, and you will always have special memories. Dont try to deny yourself the time and space to grieve and its ok to talk about her too :) Thats how people live on in our hearts.

Sending you all my best wishes and biggest hugs

xxalisonxx

Lynsey said...

Just popping by Jo to say hi and I hope you are ok.
Sending big hugs
Lynsey x

cotnob said...

I do hope you are OK Jo, it's so long since you last posted, you are in my thoughts.
Pauline
x