Followers

Friday, 28 December 2012

Thank You

Hello Again

Each year, after Christmas, I make lots of calendars to give out.  Some are sent as thank you's for presents, and others just as Happy New Year wishes to friends and family.  My mojo hasn't been very co-operative recently, so for this calendar I followed the sketch over at The Sweet Stop.


This is an A5 easel-style calendar and this is the front view.  
Image and backing papers are printed from Morehead cd-rom from Crafter's Companion, the image printed onto watercolour card and the papers satin finish paper.
The green card used for all the matting and layering is from PaperMill.
The shape the image is sat on is cut using a Spellbinders Marvellous Squares die.
I added the year, using Velour stickers, and cut the fish-tail shape by hand.
I cut a second fish-tail to which I added pearls from Joanna Sheen.


This image shows the completed calendar.
The same card and backing papers were used for the base, and I cut another shape using one of the Marvellous Squares dies which I then cut down to a better size to fit the calendar tab.

My calendar is also for the following challenges:


Polka Doodles Challenge - Happy New Year - 2013

Moving Along With The Times - Thank You Creations

Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Furry Friends


8 comments:

Faye said...

That raccoon is too cute! What a fab card! Thanks so much for playing at The Sweet Stop. X

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jo, I love the image and fabulous papers.
Sue xx

Pia S said...

Your calendar turned out great! Your choice of DPs works so well with the sweet raccoon image!

Nathalie said...

Very cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie

Judith said...

This is so cute - I love the image and thank you calendars are such a great idea, thank you fro playing at our thank you challenge at MAWTT! hugs Judith x

Sylvia Blum said...

Aww... sooooo cute! love the idea of creating a calendar in the style of an easel card - so clever!!!
Thanks for joining us at Fussy&Fancy! Hope to see you there again :)
Sylvia xx

Clare said...

Wow what a gorgeous calendar Jo. Such a lovely raccoon too!!!!. Thank you for joining us over at Polka Doodles this week. Happy New Year to you. Hugs Clare xxxx

Shell said...

Oh this is just too cute, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
Shell xx