A5 card blank
Image stamped in versafine and colour with a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer drawing inks and coloursoft pencils, blended with baby oil.
To get the 'water effect' around the image I used Tumbled glass and Faded jeans distress inks, applied using bubble wrap.
Shell backing paper from stash and core'dinations card embossed with D'vine Swirls. Ribbon from Joanna Sheen ruffled across the join in the backing papers.
Marianne die used to display the image (the edges looked a bit like scales!)
I die-cut some scalloped circles and attached them to a length of bakers twine. I added a seahorse charm to the centre circle, and shells to the other 4.
I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Texture
Hanna and Friends Challenge Blog - Pets/Animals
Cute Card Thursday - Girls Only
Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes
Stampin' For The Weekend - Texture
Thanks for visiting my blog today.


22 comments:
What a fun card!! The DP is so pretty! I love embossing, too!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Beautiful card...such a lovely image and colouring.xxx
gorgeous card Jo, and how spooky - I've just succumbed and bought this stamp and was colouring it last night! Love your layout and colours.
Kim x
This is gorgeous Jo. I love the sweet image and the way you have added the shells and charm looks fabulous
Sue
How sweet is this card! I love mermaids, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
Oh my goodness, this is adorable, Jo! I love those little seashells :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
This is a lovely card and love the Autumnal colours. Hugs, Claire x
Very sweet card. Thanks for joining the lIttle Miss Muffet Textile challenge.
This is a lovely card Jo, pretty image and your papers and embossed panel are perfect.
Pauline
x
So adorable! Love the water effect using bubble wrap. So clever! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
I am so very excited to see your wonderful card using my sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, we will have another challenge start on Tuesday Morining. :) Hope to see you there!
Super sweet mermaid card Jo! You rocked the sketch with this cute image. Thanks for playing the TMS...hugs ~S~
Very sweet! xxx
Oh so cute. Thanks for joining us at LMM Textile Challenge - Deb
Lovely card Jo - I love seahorses too. Carol x
Cute card. That seahorse charm is super sweet and I love the way you've done the water!
Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Texture Challenge!
Hugs
Julie
Lovely card Jo. Great theme and lovely extra touches. :)
Thank you so much for my birthday card. I received it yesterday but was sidetracked by a friend visiting and didn't get to post my 'Ta very much' message! :)
Thank you for thinking of me. xxx
Edna x
That little mermai is so cute. And the shells and charm are the perfect finishing touch.
Liz x
Too cute! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Little Miss Muffet!
This is absoluteley gorgeous sweetie huggles Pops x x x
This is so pretty
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Lili's Little Fairies
Hugs, Becky x
Gorgeous card - so beautiful.
Many thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends
Hugs
Steffie
Post a Comment